EVERY CHILD SHOULD BE SAFE
Class Schedule, Coming Soon!
SIGN UP TODAY
Independent Community Living is proud to be a certified Safe Sitter® provider! Founded in 1980, Safe Sitter® is a national nonprofit organization devoted to preparing 6th-8th graders with the life and safety skills they need when they are home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting.
Course content includes:
- Safety Skills: Indoor safety, outdoor safety, online safety, and personal safety.
- Child Care Skills: Child development, child care routines (including diapering practice), and behavior management.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Injury prevention, injury management, and choking rescue.
- Life & Business Skills: Screening jobs, setting fees, and greeting employers.
- Classes total 5 1/2 hours in length
- Classes are for 6th-8th grade children
- Classes are held over a two day or one day period
- Students will receive a Safe Sitter® Handbook, Completion Card, and Safe-Sitter Kit including a cinch bag bandage dispenser, an important information note pad, and flashlight
Classes are $75
Visit the Safe Sitter® website for more information about this exciting program!